The PhD programme at IIM Sirmaur seeks high-quality candidates with a strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management. Interested candidates may apply in the areas of Finance, Strategy, Economics, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems (MIS), Decision Sciences, Tourism Management.
- A Master's Degree in any discipline with 60 percent marks or a two-year post-graduate diploma with at least 60 percent marks along with a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 per cent marks
- A 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree with at least 60 percent marks (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS (with at least 50 per cent marks) along with Bachelor’s degree (with at least 60 per cent marks)
- A 4 year/ 8 semester’s Bachelor's degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 7 CGPA.
Note: The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by their respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying Programmes that would make them eligible can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 2023 from the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master's / Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marks sheet and the certificate of having passed the Master's / Bachelor's the degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal / Registrar of their college / Institute. The deadline for submission of marks sheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2023. Non-fulfillment of the conditions of eligibility for the minimum percentage of marks obtained as applicable will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
IIM Sirmaur follows Government of India norms of reservation.
PhD Application Form
The PhD application form can be accessed from IIM Sirmaur’s website (http://www.iimsirmaur.ac.in). A candidate is eligible to submit applications for a maximum of two areas. Incomplete admission forms will not be accepted.
Relevant Test Scores
Candidates require a valid test score of up to last two years, from any one of the acceptable tests: GMAT/ GRE/ CAT/ GATE/ JRF(NET)/ RAT(IIMB). For instance, CAT 2021 and 2022 is valid for the 2023 Ph.D. Admission at IIM Sirmaur.
Statement of Purpose
PhD candidates are required to submit a statement of purpose (SOP) that reflects their research interest. The SOP should clearly mention the area of research that the candidate is interested in and give an idea about the methodology that is likely to be adopted to carry out the research.
- Certified copies of mark sheets or transcripts of grades obtained during the course of study for the above degrees. Transcripts in languages other than Hindi and English must be submitted along with certified translations.
- Two references with their contact details and their respective email IDs from academics who have taught the candidate or with whom the candidate has worked closely on scholarly work.
- Copies of Work Experience Certificates (if any).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Candidates applying for waiver must attach copies of both sides of the grade sheet to ascertain the equivalence between the grading systems of other IIMs/ IITs / Universities /Institutions, without which, the application for waiver will not be considered.
Application FeeThe application fee (Non-Refundable) is:
Application fee - Application for one area Application for two areas For candidates having valid GMAT/GRE/CAT/ GATE/JRF(NET)/RAT(IIMB) scores Rs.1000 Rs.1500
No Objection Certificate
Candidates with work experience shall have to submit the No-Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of admission.
Selection Process for PhD 2023
In Stage 1 of the selection process, based on the information provided by the applicants, candidates will be shortlisted based on the recommendation of the respective areas.
In Stage 2, the shortlisted candidates will be invited for a first round of personal interview conducted by the members of the candidate’s area of specialization.
In Stage 3, candidates shortlisted by different areas will be required to appear for a personal interview with the Doctoral Programme and Research Committee.
Candidates who clear this final stage will be given offer letters of admission to the Doctoral Programme at IIM Sirmaur.