There is no tuition fee for PhD students. Additionally, they will receive a stipend of Rs 30,000 per month for 5 years to cover their living expenses. The stipend is conditional on satisfactory progress during the duration. Students are required to be in attendance on a full-time basis and devote all their time to course- work and research, and are also required to provide teaching and research assistance. Other financial support made available to students include:
- Start-up grant (in Year 1) of Rs 60,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Contingency grant (annual, in years 2-5) of Rs 25,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Post-Proposal stipend increment: Rs. 2,000 i.e. Rs 32,000 as stipend per month.
- HRA for those who live off-campus, monthly: Rs. 5000
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 20,000 per year from 1st year to 5th year (to be provided as per actuals and guidelines applicable).
- International Conference grants of Rs 2, 00,000 over 5 years (to be provided as per actuals and guidelines applicable).